Thursday, October 9, 2014

A New Chapter of Life

If life is a journey, God seems to take us down little paths and then turn us onto a different road at some point. Sometimes we don’t understand at the time, but He sees the big picture.

I have entered into a new chapter of my life. I am now a sophomore in college and an International Studies major. God has continued to give me new experiences on the mission field. I have spent a week in Mexico, a week in Haiti, and 4.5 weeks in Guatemala City. In early 2015, I hope to travel to Ecuador for 10 days. In late 2015, I hope to return to Haiti.

I have been thinking a lot about the Hope Hill project. God used that initiative to teach me SO many things! And since returning from Haiti, I have raised over $25,000 for La Montagne. But lately I’ve been sensing that God is calling me personally in another direction. I believe He has wired me to work in different cultures, in different seasons of my life.

I also believe that right now He is calling me to focus on my studies and the mission opportunities He’s given me. With that, I have decided to close this fundraiser and website for now. All the funds that have been raised for Hope Hill will be entrusted to A Child’s Hope—the organization I have partnered with in Houston, which is preparing to build the orphanage and academy that is so needed in La Montagne. I may still post updates from Haiti on this blog, but it will be about what A Child’s Hope is doing down there.

A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has prayed for and financially contributed to this project! God is working in Haiti, and I can’t wait to see what He does in the next few years. You can learn more about A Child’s Hope here: http://www.achildshope.org/


God bless y’all! Thank you for being a part of this journey with me. J

No comments: