1. PRAY for them. (Matthew 7:7-8)
· Tape a waiting child’s picture to your dashboard and pray for the child every time you’re in the car. Visit www.AdoptUsKids.com or www.RainbowKids.com.
· Organize an evening prayer vigil at your church and pray for children in foster care or an orphanage overseas.
2. SPEAK UP for them (Proverbs 31:8-9)
· Carry a waiting child’s picture and show it to other believers. Ask if they, or someone they know, would give this child a home.
· Become a court appointed special advocate for a child in foster care. Visit www.NationalCASA.org for details.
3. PROVIDE for their needs (James 2:15-16)
· Give sacrificially to a reputable orphanage. Financial gifts can be designated for specific items and aid needed by orphans. Visit www.HelpOrphans.org for more information.
4. SUPPORT those who support them Hebrews 10:24)
· Mow, babysit, or organize meals for a week for foster parents. Pray with them and tell them you appreciate what they do.
· Encourage a family adopting an older child by hosting a shower for them.
5. PROTECT them from harm (Psalm 146:9)
· Become a foster parent or emergency foster parent.
· Raise money to build a children’s home to help remove children from the streets. Visit www.WorldOrphans.org for details.
6. VISIT them where they are (James 1:27)
· Go on a mission trip to an orphanage as an individual or family. Visit www.GainUSA.org or www.HelpOrphans.org for information
· Take dinner to a foster group-home on a regular basis.
7. GIVE sacrificially to them (2 Corinthians 9:7)
· Support reputable orphan care organizations on a regular basis.
· Contribute generously to an adoptive family to help offset their costs. Visit www.ShaohannahsHope.org or www.LifeSongForOrphans.org.
8. ENCOURAGE them to press on (1 Thessalonians 5:14)
· Sponsor a child, support them financially, and encourage them through your letters. Visit www.VisionTrust.org to learn more.
· Become a mentor or tutor to a teenager in a foster group-home.
9. ADOPT them into your family (Psalm 68:5-6a)
· Give a child a home through international, domestic, or foster care adoption.
· Adopt a young adult who has aged out of the system.
10. MOBILIZE your church for them (Matthew 28:18-20)
· Be a catalyst in your church for starting a sustained orphans ministry. Visit www.HopeForOrphans.org for resources and to learn about attending a Your Church and the Orphan™ workshop.
*List published by Hope for Orphans.