Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Fall


I recently finished reading an excellent book called “When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor . . . and Yourself” by Brian Fikkert and Steve Corbett. I thought I knew what to expect from reading the book, but I was challenged and convicted so much by reading it.

In one of the early chapters, the authors discuss the Fall and the effects on our lives today from that event. Throughout their book, they talk a lot about broken individuals and broken systems. In reality, the richest person in the world can simultaneously be the poorest person in the world and vice versa because poverty is so multi-faceted. The following quote really stood out to me:

“The fall really happened, and it is wreaking havoc in all of our lives. We are all broken, just in different ways. –Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert in “When Helping Hurts”

No comments: