Thursday, January 3, 2013

Reckless

I heard this song by Jeremy Camp over Christmas break, and it really spoke to me. For so long, I was holding on to parts of my life that I didn’t want to surrender over to Christ. But God wants ALL of me, not just part. My life is not my own. The world may think it’s reckless and ridiculous to live your life serving someone you can’t see. Our instant-gratification culture thinks it’s absurd to strive for a reward that we won’t receive until we enter eternity.
 
But I’m not striving to please the world nor to live up to its standards. 2 Corinthians 5:13 says, “If we are out of our mind, it is for the sake of God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.” If I’m going to be reckless, it’s going to be for HIS sake alone!
 
Every time I try to play it safe
Holding back just a little part of me
I find myself forgetting what
I say that I believe
The promise of Your Word
Is all I need
 
I’ll lay my life down
And give it up
I’ll give it up
 
I want to be reckless
Cause You are endless
I want to be shameless
And shout Your greatness
I will not be afraid
To surrender my way
And follow who You are
I want to be reckless, reckless
 
I will lose my life and just let go
Because I know this world is not my home
With fearless faith
I won’t be moved
Unshakeable inside Your truth
 
You laid Your life down
And gave it up
So I’ll give it up
 
I won’t waste any more time
My life’s Yours it is not mine
Use me Lord no matter what’s at stake

No comments: